SkinCeuticals Discoloration DefenseRegular price $98.00
SkinCeuticals Discoloration Defense is a dark spot serum that is clinically proven to reduce the appearance of key types of skin discoloration in all skin tones. It helps with hard-to-treat forms of hyperpigmentation including stubborn brown patches and post-acne marks. This multi-phase serum is designed for daily use and improves the appearance of skin discoloration, brightens skin, and evens skin tone in as early as 2 weeks.
SKIN TYPES: Dry, Normal, Oily, Combination
SKIN CONCERN: Discoloration, Dark Spots, Age Spots
- Features a synergistic blend of anti-discoloration ingredients to reduce the appearance of skin discoloration, improve brightness, and minimize the reoccurrence of discoloration (with continued use)
- Paraben free, fragrance free, silicone free, gluten free, and hydroquinone-free
- Ideal at-home complement to professional skin discoloration treatments, such as chemical peels or non-ablative laser;
HOW TO USE:
- Twice daily, apply 3-5 drops of this skin discoloration serum to the face.
- If using in the morning, apply after a SkinCeuticals vitamin C serum and follow with a SkinCeuticals broad spectrum SPF 50+ sunscreen
- Limit sun exposure while using this product
- Do not use on irritated or broken skin. If irritation occurs, discontinue use.
This synthetically-derived ingredient minimizes the reoccurrence of skin discoloration and stubborn brown patches with continued use.
Naturally produced by certain fungi, kojic acid helps improve skin brightness.
Also known as vitamin B3, this water-soluble vitamin is found naturally in yeast, meat, fish, milk, eggs, green vegetables, beans, and cereal grains. It has been shown to help reduce the appearance of skin discoloration.
This synthetically-derived acid activates natural enzymes in skin to help break the bonds that bind dead skin cells to the surface for even exfoliation.
Aqua / Water, Butylene Glycol, Niacinamide, Hydroxyethylpiperazine Ethane Sulfonic Acid, Glycerin, Tranexamic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Kojic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Allantoin, Chlorphenesin, Xanthan Gum, Disodium Edta
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS:
What causes skin discoloration?
Dark or brown spots are excess pigment/melanin, the natural pigment that gives color to the skin, that rise to the surface of your skin. Hyperpigmentation is caused by UV exposure, hormonal changes, past acne blemishes and natural aging (age spots).
Should I use Discoloration Defense before IPL treatments?
Viva's medical aestheticians recommend starting SkinCeuticals Discoloration Defense serum twice daily to prep your skin before an IPL photofacial treatment.
Does SkinCeuticals Discoloration Defense Work?
In a 12-week clinical study, Discoloration Defense significantly improved the appearance of key skin discoloration markers:
- 60% average improvement in the appearance of stubborn brown patches
- 59% average improvement in the appearance of skin discoloration.
- 81% average improvement in the appearance of post-acne marks
1Protocol: Average results shown. A 12-week, single-center, clinical study was conducted on 50 females, ages 25 to 60, Fitzpatrick I-IV, with mild to moderate facial skin discoloration, including stubborn dark spots, post-acne marks, and uneven skin tone. Discoloration Defense was applied to the face twice a day in conjunction with a sunscreen. Efficacy and tolerability evaluations were conducted at baseline and at weeks 2, 4, 8, and 12.
2Protocol: A 12-week, single-center, clinical study was conducted on 51 female subjects, Fitzpatrick V-VI, with visible signs of skin discoloration/hyperpigmentation, including post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation and melasma. Discoloration Defense was applied to the face twice a day in conjunction with a sunscreen. Efficacy and tolerability evaluations were conducted at baseline and at weeks 2, 4, 8, and 12.